Liver update

I saw my surgeon again this morning. He wants to postpone any plans for pouch surgery until after I have seen the liver specialist in January. He’s ordered an MRI scan for after that appointment and then I’ll see my surgeon again in March. I’m not overly happy about having to wait even longer but I’d rather get things sorted with my liver to reduce possible complications during surgery.

The CT scan showed nothing cancerous but it’s possible I have a form of liver disease thats linked to Ulcerative Colitis. I don’t remember exactly what he called it but, according to Google, it might be Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC), but I’m not sure.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s